This map, which was published in 1725 by Matthias Seutter (1678–1756), is the first to contain the Waldenses colonies that were built in Württemberg in 1699–1701. Notice how numerous Waldenses villages are labelled as "Welschdorf" (foreign village), and Pinache and Serres are referred to as "Pinatschenwelsch" (foreign Pinache) and "Seerwelsch" (foreign Seer).
Jacques Michal (ca. 1685–ca. 1750), Foreign Villages (Waldenses Colonies), Map (Suevia Universa IX. Tabulus delineata) [excerpt], 1724; image source: with the kind permission of Henri-Arnaud-Haus Ötisheim-Schönenberg.